Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Getting a Tummy Tuck in 2 weeks

Good Afternoon my name is Lori I am a 51 year old wife, mother and grandmother. I have been working hard at losing weight for the last year and a half and while I have been very successful, I have been unable to lose or should I say flatten and tighten my abdominal muscles. Due to the 2 daughters I gave birth to the skin on my stomach stretched beyond repair and nothing I can do will change it.

I have been looking into getting a tummy tuck for years. But for one reason or another the opportunity or the finances have never worked out so I have dealt with this insecurity for many years.

Which bring me to the here and now. I met my husband 7 years ago and we married just a few months after we met. It was very rough in the beginning but over time our love and commitment to our marriage has grown into something very special. I have to say that no one has ever loved me as much as him and he does whatever he can to see me happy.

Knowing that I am very insecure about the condition of my tummy he has made a tummy tuck possible to me. I have taken all the steps such as researching and finding a doctor, going to my consultation with that doctor, having a physical exam to be certain I am healthy enough to have the surgery and of course looking at hundreds of before and after pictures on the internet to prepare myself for what is to come.

I am scheduled for my pre-op on Friday March 15, 2013 and my Tummy Tuck Surgery is scheduled for Wed. March 20, 2013. I am of course very excited and well as anxious about having this procedure because it is considered major surgery.



I decided I wanted to blog this experience for my own emotional well being and to perhaps assist other women who may go through this in the future by chronicling the events and posting my progress. You can see from the pictures I posted on my blog what I am talking about.

I will report back before surgery in two weeks and then of course I will update with photos as I go through the healing progress... I look forward to sharing this experience with others who may be facing the same or similar situation.

See you all soon and wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment